Saturday, April 12, 2008

Royals Host Twins (game V)


The Royals face the Twins tonight on Butler powder blue jersey night. On the mound for the Royals is Brett Tomko (1-0, 1.29 ERA), and pitching for the Twins is Boof Bonser (0-2, 4.15 ERA). The Royals offense has been pretty terrible the last couple of days, can they snap out of it?

Box Score

Brett Tomko did his best and took an undeserved loss on the return of the powder blue jerseys; he pitched 6 innings and only allowed 2 ER on a very cold and miserable night. The bullpen did it's normal thing pitching 3 scoreless innings.

Now to the Royals offense...I wish I had the words. I posted in an earlier blog how I feared that the Royals were going to hit a rough(er) patch offensively because it seemed that through out the first 9 games or so they were completely dependent on the clutch 2-out hit, well it happened as the Royals extended their scoreless streak to 26 innings.

This was the first game I got to attend and boy was it hectic as the first 20,000 received Billy Butler powder blue jerseys. The gates opened at 4 pm and I got there 20 till and the lines were past arrowhead stadium, it was a mad house. As far as the new jerseys on the players, I just have to wonder...why not powder blue pants?

No comments: