Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2008 Preview

Well today was the official start of the 2008 season when the Boston Red Sox beat the Oakland A's 6-5 in 10 innings but I'm not going to let a little thing like that hamper my blogging plans.

Over the next couple of days I'm going to gather as many 2008 preview/prediction articles as I can find and post them here for our enjoyment now and at the end of the season. So let's get it started.

Sports Illustrated had the most complete, enjoyable, and objective preview I could find so they go first. Where do they place the Royals? 73-89, 17 games back of the first place Tigers.

ESPN has an annoying video preview and don't even mention the Royals but the graphic they show at the end has the Royals in dead last.

Fox also has video preview but it's a little more enjoyable, Ken Rosenthal is a good baseball guy.

The guys at Baseball Analysts put together a round table with a few local notables and the consensus seems to be a third place finish for the Royals.

I've never even heard of these guys before but the Associated Content's William Cohen has the most laughable prediction I have found. He takes every jab he can at the Royals and essentially has no clue about the team.

Armchair GM has the Royals at 64-98 (I'm not making this up)

207 Prospectus is an ok read despite the page being really hard to read...oh yeah, another last place finish for the Royals.

To save you from work Royal Impressions has a 78-84 prediction for the Royals

No comments: