Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Royals Notes

I was a little slow and missed this one yesterday. Dick Kaegel On Monday reported the Royals optioned infielder Mike Aviles to Omaha, the move leaves the number in camp to 42 with a mere five games remaining. Aviles had a good camp hitting .419 in 31 at bats, but there is no room for another utility infielder so the move was expected.

Bob Dutton of the Star has an interesting piece on Royals non-roster invitee Chin-Hui Tsao, I recommend a quick read of it. The guy has all the talent in the world but needs to stay healthy to realize it.

Finally my favorite article of the day comes from Jeffery Flanagan, he writes in his Top of the Mornin' column for the Star that John Bucks problems at the plate late last year were a result of "someone no longer with the Royals" tinkering with his swing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, having Buddy Bell step down was the best thing the Royals did this offseason.

No comments: